Klaviyo is a customer engagement and marketing platform that enables businesses to build and nurture customer relationships through personalized communication. It provides a comprehensive suite of tools for email marketing and automation, empowering companies to drive revenue growth through targeted campaigns. Pairing this execution capability with Distil's advanced Customer Data Platform and data enrichment features delivers better return on investment (ROI) due to the enhanced understanding and targeting of customers.
You can pull your Klaviyo Lists into Distil, capture a range of activities via Distil Tracking, target specific groups of Customers with our powerful Segmentation capability, and then push actionable insights back out into Klaviyo via Destinations. You can also combine Klaviyo's automation features with Tracking IDs, and Customer, Product, Content and Order data from Distil to create marketing campaigns that are automatically tracked within Distil.
We've created a series of step-by-step guides to get you up and running in no time:
- Read the information below on Key Distil Concepts, Key Klaviyo Concepts - a skim will do for now as we'll come back to these topics later.
- Create and test a new connection between Distil and Klaviyo.
- Pull Customer data from Klaviyo into Distil.
- Push the Customer data in your Segment into Klaviyo, including creating a Customer Segment.
Key Klaviyo Concepts
Where Distil has Customers, the equivalent concept in Klaviyo is Profile. Klaviyo organises collections of Profiles into Lists. You can read more about this in Klaviyo's article on profiles.
It's important to note that both Distil and Klaviyo use the concept and term Segment. While the Segment concept is similar in both platforms, whenever we refer to Segments, we mean Distil Segments (and not Klaviyo Segments). If we are referring to Segments in Klaviyo, then we will call these Klaviyo Segments.
When you pull Customer data from Klaviyo, Distil presents the Lists and Klaviyo Segments you have created in Klaviyo as Data Sources in the Settings > Integrations view.
Distil can also push your Product catalogue, Purchase History data and Event Tracking data into Klaviyo. You can use this data within Klaviyo to populate email templates and create campaigns.
Key Distil Concepts
Before you get started we recommend getting familiar with some key Distil concepts:
- Customer Tracking ID:
- Each Customer in Distil (including those brought in from Klaviyo) is assigned a unique ID, this is explained in our article on Customers in Distil.
- This Tracking ID is key to consolidating the Customer's activity across all of your marketing campaigns and platforms.
- We recommend pushing this ID into Klaviyo and pairing it with our URL Identification Token to easily and accurately track marketing attribution.
- URL Identification Token:
- Deploying Distil's URL Identification Token within your Klaviyo activities allows you to accurately track Customer activity without a login event.
- The URL Identification Token uses the Customer Tracking ID covered in the section above.
- GDPR and Marketing Consent Consolidation
- While you can manage GDPR and marketing consent within Klaviyo, this can be a complex process with many data sources...
- Read our article on GDPR and Marketing Consent Consolidation, and make an informed decision about how to manage your obligations.